Noob-tubers are a commonly faced enemy in the multi-player game modes of Call of Duty 4, World at War, and Modern Warfare 2. They are easily recognized by the sounds of constant Rifle Grenade/Underslung Grenade launcher shots being heard across the map every 2 seconds and people dying every second. They can also be spotted from afar by their lobby score of 99-0. Many players think they are cheap and get kills to easily using any grenade launchers.
Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty: World at WarEdit
In Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty: World at War, grenade launchers take up a Perk 1 slot, so most players will forego the attachment because of this. Noob-tubing is uncommon to rare. However, even if there is only one kill via grenade launcher in the whole match, the victim unleashes his
/her bitching rage into the match. Therefore, Noob-tubing is equivalent to trolling on the internet. Do it as much as possible.
In World at War, the grenade launcher requires all other challenges for the relevant weapon to be completed, so they are even less common. Since Scavenger is not an availible perk in World at War, the tuber can only take 2 shots with the attatchment in any life, so it is not very much of a problem.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2Edit
Infinity Ward decided that Noob Tubes needed to be unbalanced, so they decided that:
- Noob Tubes no longer take up Perk 1
- Scavenger should refill Noob Tubes
- One Man Army should be in the game
- Danger Close should increase the already huge damage
These changes to multiplayer made the community bitch forever, yet they still played the game and loved it.
They can easily be spotted by:
- Any (Assault) Rifle with an underslung Grenade launcher w/ Fall Camo (Obtained via Boosting)
- Or as an alternate to an above, using any kind of explosive with a perk that increases explosive damage (Wether it be Sonic Boom, Fire Works or Danger Close)
- Constant Bragging about kills they get that don't even require skill
- Constant bitching about when they're killed by vengeful players
- Constant Camping
- Constantly using OMA in Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops.Edit
On Call of Duty: Black Ops, the damage from explosives, grenade launchers in particular, has been drastically reduced over a wide area, meaning only a direct hit is fatal, that is, if the victim does not have Flak Jacket. If they do, they have very little to worry about from tubers.
Use of grenade launchers is now quite rare, and only those skilled in trajectorial shooting are often seen using them. These players may also use crossbows to "shoot" explosives, further decreasing the number of players likely to take one. However, mortaring is still a common practice for those that do, and still doesn't win them any friends on the other team.